Thursday, 27 December 2007

movies, movies and more movies...

Started the holidays with watching a movie and ended the holidays with watching yet another movie.
Wow.

1. The Game Plan
2. The Golden Compass (Sneak Preview)
3. Enchanted
4. National Treasure : Book of Secrets (Sneak Preview)
5. Alvin and the Chipmunks
6. I am LEGEND

Notice that all these movies are of PG rating. Well, still didn't manage to fulfill my wish of going for a NC16 movie. Haha.
Well, I had wanted to watch NANKING with mummy sometime during the holidays, but it was hard to arrange. We couldn't possibly leave yy and yk at home, while we go enjoy ourselves. So... I've decided to wait for the DVD.

1. The Game Plan (***)
It was a nice movie, being filmed in modern world city. About a famous football player, who was living his life luxuriously after having a divorce. One day, a girl turns up on his doorstep and apparently acknowledging him as her father. Oops. Famous daddy makes his way through his marriage again, to figure out the identity of this little girl. Now that her identity is confirmed, daddy has to juggle between his football practices, media and ballet classes to spend time with her daughter. The movie ends with the girl mistaking that her daddy doesn't love her and leaves for home with her aunt (mummy died in a car crash and left the girl in aunt's care). Daddy now fights through his brave front and expresses his feelings for his daughter. The girl now realises that her daddy really loves her and decides to return home and live with him.

2. The Golden Compass (****)
This movie was really unforgettable. This is the first time that I'm watching a sneak preview. Wow. Especially enjoyed the part when the polar bears fought in their armors. Well, I'm looking forward to "The Sliver Compass"~!

3. Enchanted (*****)
"I've been dreaming of a true love's kiss... ..." This was how the movie started off. Fairytale-based story, bringing cartoon animation to life in New York city. I've truly enjoyed the show, perhaps it's human instincts to fall for fairytales. The most memorable thing is that mummy said that she would buy the DVD of this movie, as soon as it is in stores. Wow. This is the most unexpected statement from my dear mum. Woah.

4. National Treasure : Book of Secrets (*****)
One of my favorites. I particularly enjoyed the search for the city of gold. It was some excitement, especially when Cage had to kidnap the president to find the book of secrets. The president helped Cage of course. But I'm more intersested to know what is on page 47 of the book of secrets. Haha.

5. Alvin and the Chipmunks (*****)
Alvin, Simon and Theodore. and Dav. I love the songs that they sing, "Christmas Don't Be Late"-"I want a hula hoop... ..." They're so cute! It was just a waste that daddy didn't watch the movie with us.

6. I am LEGEND (**)
I didn't enjoy this movie. Ended up using my hands to cover up my ears, cos I found the audio way too loud. The vampire creature were rather scary, jumping out of nowhere suddenly. It was just too memorable. =.=

*Note: The above comments are totally based on the author's personal feelings and therefore may not be accurate.


.under-estimated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home